Saturday, October 18, 2008

Smile: Kadhafi about Barack Obama

Sorry, a bit off-topic here, but I could not resist. Elections in the USA are a permission for many transgressions.

In the last few days, I see many pro-Republican websites and blogs where the story appears that according to the Libyan leader Muammar Kadhafi, Barack Obama is a Muslim of Kenyan origins who studied in Islamic schools and whose campaign may have been financed by people in the Islamic and African worlds. Kadhafi said this on TV in June. Funny how these words are now, months later, brought to us by MEMRI, the institute that exists to support Israel and that will do anything to get a Republican president elected.

I do not vote for Obama, let me ensure you that. But it is so funny how his alleged Islamic background is now 'confirmed' by no-one less than the Libyan leader. Do you know that years ago, Kadhafi said on TV that Shakespeare was an Arab Muslim who immigrated to England? His real name was Sheikh Zubayr. If you believe that to be credible, than, by all means, treat Kadhafi as a credible source of information about Obama.

2 comments:

AmPowerBlog said...

Looks like you're freaking here a little that "The One" might not be annointed.

John Stringer said...

Ah but sir, for me The One is the one who is elected by the people of the USA. Let the people speak. And as I am not citizen of the USA, it does not matter to me who wins. The fact that I do not vote Obama does not mean I vote McCain...

But I continue to be amazed about the mud slinging, even using Kadhafi as a supporter ;-) and that is very funny.